Fall Decorating: Pumpkins and Other Things

It's that time.  Yes, grab those kiddos and head to the pumpkin patch and apples orchards.

Traditionally, we would just grab a few pumpkins, gourds, hay bails, and cornstalks and call it good.  But that simplicity is a thing of the past.  I recently heard that, with the exception of Christmas, people spend more money on Halloween than any other "holiday."  I, personally, am not into Halloween.  I prefer to just decorate for fall in general, but it all goes hand in hand.

In a effort to save money, buy transition pieces that could work for eitherHalloween or Thanksgiving.  For example, I picked up this little beauty at a craft supply in town.  The colors work with my decor in the room and will work for any season.





But everyone knows if you're serious about fall decorating you must have pumpkins.  

Here are a few examples of some very beautiful, interesting, or just plain fun pumpkin decorating ideas I found to share with you today.

1.  Unexpected Colors


2.  Unique Idea


3.  Add Some Sparkle


4.  Light up the Night


If you're looking for inspiration, check out this pinterest board.  I'll be added more pins to it all season, I'm sure. 

Have a pleasant day and get out there and have fun with your family.  While you're at it, why not make your life more beautiful in the process?

15 comments

  1. LOVE #4! New follower from weekend blog hop. Hope you can swing by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE number 4! I've seen so many awesome things on Pinterest this week!

    SO addicting! Haha!

    Have a great weekend Danette!

    ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must go shopping, but first ill head to Starbucks and grab a pumpkin latte b:-). You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I'm popping by through the GTKY hop. Nice to meet you. :) We don't celebrate Hallowe'en in any big way in the UK, but I have to say, those glittery pumpkins look very cool. My usual line on Thanksgiving is also a bit 'wish we did that, because the world would definitely be a better place if...' :D

    Have a great weekend, and take care.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. I especially like the light up pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of this! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (right behind Christmas). I love the idea of buying things that could work for both Halloween & Thanksgiving! Thank you for linking up with the Friendly Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pumpkins with LED lights, so cool and pretty ^^ Thanks for sharing these. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many cute ideas! My princess will love adding sparkles to our pumpkins! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Found you on the Friendly Friday Blog Hop!
    www.thatsuburbanmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so shocked to see that much creativity with a pumpkin here...just could wonder that pumpkin can play an awesome role in decorations too...great post & I just gonna to make some decoration pieces shortly...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to sparkle a pumpkin this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was also looking for it, And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thesis writing involves several processes which makes the entirety of the experience both exciting and challenging. From choosing a researchable topic that has not been done by other students and eventually narrowing it down to become a uniquely original work to soliciting the help of a research supervisor and in embarking on data collection and writing the paper, these are some of the tasks that almost all undergraduate and graduate students working on a thesis consider as stressful. In spite of the many challenges that students have to put up with, undeniably, the thesis project is an important project-based and challenge-based educational experience that helps in building character and in preparing students for their chosen career. One particular skill that is indispensable and which perhaps is unknowingly cultivated among students as they work on a thesis is the ability to work with a group of superiors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey this is a great post . Can I use a portion of it on my site ? I would obviously link back to your page so people could view the complete post if they wanted to. Thanks either way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Make a standard resume layout for your professional resume.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels