my piece of earth


There are those pieces of earth that heal your soul.
     They remind you who you are
           Who you're called to be
           How you think
           How you feel
That plot of soil calls me to it's bed of green
      and when I'm there I feel home
          peace
          self assurance
          trust
     Peace in the friendships
     Self assurance in the education
     Trust in the memories
I love my piece of earth and I feel it calling me now, and every more, to be more, to love more, to give more--
               to serve even more


Today I got to go to my "piece of earth."  Not to be Scarlet O'hara are anything, but it's my home...it's a place that I remember who I am and the relationships that changed me life...the experiences that molded me...and I find a renewed solidity in myself and in God.

Thanks for letting me share.

All My Love for All My Days,

Danette

Photobucket

7 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing. This is a really sweet post, and so kind of you to let us all get a glimpse into your heart.

    I have a couple "pieces of earth" that renew me and my spirit. They definitely disprove the old saying that you can never go home again, because the second I set foot on that ground... I'm home and it almost feels like I never left. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those place just renew me. Ah, makes me want to be there right now.

      Delete
  2. Love the poem (and the Gone With the Wind reference!) I have a couple places too where I feel like I can rejuvenate and think about my life a little bit. Glad you got to visit your "piece of earth" :)

    --Becky
    preppypremed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels