Let Us No Grow Weary


Pregnancy is an experience that can be described as both enjoyable and utterly disgusting.   Mind you, I don't know this from experience.  I've never been pregnant.  But I've had many friends that have been blessed with the responsibility of child birth.

I've heard it many times...the excitement in her voice when she tells me she's expecting.  I've heard hours worth of discussion on how being pregnant is the best feeling in the world.

I've also seen and heard the misery as that ever looming due date draws close.  I've heard about the heart burn, the miserable discomfort, the sleepless nights, the restroom stops, the phantom contractions, the waiting.  Oh, the waiting.  Waiting on the dream to come.

And, I've been there at the bedsides of life when my friends have lost their sweet gifts.  The lives they looked forward to holding and loving in the real world slips from their hands.  I've lived their agony with them and done my best to carry them through.  My heart still breaks now as I think of those God inspired lives lost from their mothers' arms until eternity's peace brings them back again.

I've never been pregnant with a child.  I've never had that privilege.   In same ways that gift seems almost illusive.  But I have been pregnant with a dream.  In my mind this invisible pregnancy is just as real.  The joy is real.  The pain is every so real.

I've felt the agony of that dream being ripped from my soul.  I've laid on floors with my heart bare before God.  I waited up for hours in the night.  I've
burned with deep passion.  Hoping.  Praying.  Waiting.  Waiting on the dream to be birthed, hoping no more, but experiencing the actualization of my dream.

You've been there too.  I feel that from you.

I'm still there now.  Pregnant with a promise, hoping on a dream.

Waiting sometimes seems to be all there is to do, but thank God there is more.  Much more.

First, we must grow our relationship with Christ.  We will have to sacrifice some of our own wants to get closer to Him.  We have to make room for Him in our life.  Jesus must be #1 above anything or anyone else.  Yes, he must be before our kids.  He must be before our husband (or boyfriends or dogs).

We grow in our relationship with God by getting back to the basics.  Reading our Bibles.  Praying everyday.  Fasting to kill our sinful nature.  Fellowshipping with other godly believers who will help us grow.  

I guess we could call these elements our Lamaze coaches.  They help regulate our breathing and they help us know when to push.  We need the presence of Christ, the wisdom of His Word, and the sanctuary of His people to see our birthing season through.

We need each other and we need Christ.

Second, we must start somewhere.  Do something.  Quit waiting on God to magically open the one door in front of you and look for another door that is open.  When God gives you a dream, start talking about it.  Get it in our mind and in your mouth.  See it start to happen.  It won't be long until you find your dream is right in front of you.

Last, we must never, ever give up.

In Galatians 6:9 Paul wrote, "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Waiting is difficult, but that doesn't mean we just give up.  Maybe the reason your dream hasn't shown up in our life is because God is using the hardships, the trials, the waiting to produce character in you.

Does labor hurt?  Yes.  It's supposed to hurt.  But remember, "pain may last for the night, but joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5).

Don't let the waiting and pain and hurt keep you from the joy of a dream fully birthed.

Linking Up With
Wow Wow Wednesday with This Girls Life

23 comments

  1. Hi Danette, visiting from Rich Faith Rising...

    Love your analogy here! :) God can make the impossible dream possible. There are limitless possibilities for us if we are willing to put our faith and trust in Him. Even when it seems like a situation is impossible, He is very much in control and will move whatever He has to move, however He has to do it, to finish the work He has for us in our lives. So tru that we can never give up!

    Blessings and love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absoloutly one of my favorite verses, one I haven't heard in a long time! So thank you for sharing, i needed to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how God always reminds us of things at just the right time.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Danette. I'm visiting from Kathy at Cornerstone Confessions link up. Looking at your 30 before 30 encouraged me to make a list of what to before I turn 40 (Dec.) I guess I need 40 :). And I need to remember to rely on Jesus' strength, not my own for my dreams.

    Simply Stacy at http://stacyneus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Danette! Thank you for sharing this! It's absolutely beautiful the connection you make. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for the encouragement, beautiful! God bless!


    Sarah
    http://lovesarahk.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. May we never, ever, ever give up! Amen! Timely word my friend! Thanks for UNITING! ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pastor was has used pregnancy as analogy for going through life and it was compelling. When you are anticipating something like success you have to go through all the pain and being uncomfortable (stepping outside your comfort zone). Sometimes that day never comes (well not what you expect). This is an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful word that drew me in from the Scripture through your analogy. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully written! Absolutely love! And I've needed to here this lately, so double love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post, Danette! There are so many correlations between being pregnant with a baby and being pregnant with purpose, there are joys and challenges along the way. We just need to embrace that it's all part of the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danette, I'm linked right behind you at Holley's and I am thrilled to have read your wisdom this morning. So grateful for your encouragement and wisdom as we lean into these dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is an excellent post! Such a great reminder and wonderful analogy. I'm a New follower and excited to get to know you through a the blog!

    Tiffany
    www.pinkfaithtoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I hope it blessed you.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

Labels